So I’ve just realised something that may effect you resting your password if you are using a gmail account. Not sure what to do about it yet but the workaround is as follows
Use your normal address but rather than @gmail.com use @googlemail.com
So we’ve got a new website. Its been in the making for a long time but over the last few weeks, what with my paid projects coming to a close, I put in the hours and (at the very least) got the site live.
The website you’ve come to know and love had an original design and integrated nicely with the forum (most of the time) but all of the content needed to be maintained by me. That comes with inherent problems, namely there is only so much I have time or will-power to do. With this new website we’re using a content management system (cms) that allows you guys to add content! This is good because it means other people can do the grunt work!
Initially, those that can add content will be added on an invite only bases. Eventually, however, every one of you will have the opportunity to add content, related to frisbee, the mohawks or something else entirely. Watch the category ‘Website Updates‘ for more developments.
There are also parts of the website that visually I am not happy with. I have left them as they are since I just wanted the site to go live.
Some of the more important things you need to know:
- Your old forum accounts still exist but you’ll need to reset your password. Your passwords were always encrypted and so migrating them to the new system was not possible.
- The forum is more or less the same, however it has been updated to the latest version. Lets see if you can find the differences
- The rest of the site is built in a different system to the forum. Once you’ve logged in, you may notice the differences in user areas for each system. The forum is what you’ve been using for years. The other don’t worry about for now (unless you want to).
- Quick intro to:
- Pages – are found in the main menu along the top of the page
- Posts – are assigned to categories, which can be found at the top of the right-hand-side sidebar
- You can also Facebook ‘like’ or Google ‘+1’ pages and posts now for all you cyber butterflies
- If you have any suggestions then here’s the post
- If you have found any bugs then here is your post
Finally you’ll notice on posts you can leave comments. So reset your password, log in and get commenting!